Radio pros make it seem so easy. Their voices sound confident and friendly — like a buddy telling you about his or her day. After spending a weekend learning what they’ve mastered, I’m reminded that when someone makes something looks easy, it’s usually because they’re pros, not because it really is that simple.
This post is intended for a small audience: a class I’m teaching at AU. However, it might be useful to other people, too. Essentially, it describes one way to embed multimedia into Blogger posts, with some help from Dropbox, my favorite Web tool EVER.
- Sign up for a Blogger blog and a Dropbox account. (Here’s a link for the latter.)
- Copy your multimedia files (.mp3, .swf, etc.) to the Dropbox public folder.
- Go to the Dropbox Web interface and click into your Public folder.
- Use the arrow to get the public URL for the file in question.
- If you’re trying to embed audio, copy this text into your Blogger entry:
- Replace [MP3 URL HERE] with the URL you copied from Dropbox.
- For SWFs, do the same as above, but use this embed code:
- In this instance, replace [SWF URL HERE] with the Dropbox public URL and [###] with the appropriate SWF sizes.